It’s just a few days until our September meeting and I’m really looking forward to it!
Our monthly work days are a highlight of the month for me. Even the months I’d rather get a Sunday nap I’m always glad I went. Some of the reasons include:
- It’s a chance to sit and crochet without seeing all the chores that I could be doing around the house 🙂
- I get to see my “Threads friends” and catch up on their lives.
- Many months I get to meet someone new.
- I like seeing all the different scarves that people donate. Some of them are amazing!
- I am reminded that as a survivor of sexual assault I’m not alone and others care about offering help and care to others like me who have gone through this horrific experience.
So, yes, some months I really wish I could just hang out at home and fall asleep on the couch for a bit. But, even those months, or especially those months, I come away from our time together glad I went and looking forward to the next one.
Hope to see you Sunday!